Followers

Tuesday, December 3, 2019

Tip of the Day! Hanging Visual Aids!

Hello and Welcome!

Suspended/Drop Ceilings

Dealing with suspended ceilings can be a challenge. I have seen people try to hang something by going up and over the medal that holds each piece of the ceiling in place, but it seemed to me there had to be a better solution than this.  

I always love it if there is something I can use that I have on hand, so I tried my trusty paper clip and it worked! The large medal ones work very well but the smaller ones will work if that is all you have.


Instructions:

Take a large paper clip and bend it out halfway making an “L” shape.


 Insert the longer end of the paper clip into one side of the metal strip in the ceiling. 
(It should slide in fairly easy.)



 To hang visual aid with string, put a loop in the end of the string and hang onto the extended part of the paper clip. 


                  

     Surprising how much weight these little clips can hold! I use them all the time! Sometimes I even use two paper clips together if the weight is a little heavy. 



     To reinforce a hole punched in a visual aid for string insertion, add a piece of clear packing tape to the back of the visual where you plan to punch the hole. 
     Punch the hole through the visual aid plus the packing tape. 
This will help the visual aid have less chance of ripping.


(At the time I was trying to figure out my dilemma, I had no idea there were hooks made especially for this type of ceiling, but here is one that seem perfect for the job! To order, click on the hook below!)

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment!


    No comments:

    Post a Comment