Followers

Tuesday, May 19, 2020

Tip of The Day - Tracing!


Hello! And welcome!

Today’s tip has to do with 

TRACING!

I am somewhat of a paper saver. It comes in pretty handy when I am in project mode.
White, tissue gift paper is something that I have grabbed up many times for pattern making.

While working on a Bible verse puzzle poster at the churches building, I realized, that in order to make this poster  available to other teachers, I was going to need a pattern.

I had no tracing paper on hand, my supply of tissue paper was lacking and my poster board was too dark to just put up to a window to trace the picture onto an overlaid poster.

So what to do?

Have you ever noticed how, 
when it’s time to change the film on a laminator, 
there is always a little laminating film left on the roll?

Necessity is the mother of invention,
so I looked around the room 
searching for something transparent enough to use for tracing,
my eyes fell upon a small stash of leftover laminating film! 

PERFECT! 

It was certainly clear enough and won’t rip like tissue paper.

I was ever so thankful to the person who decided to save this stuff!!

I laid it out over my poster, got my black marker, and began to trace. 
It worked perfectly! 
So think again before throwing out that leftover laminate!!

Sorry, there was a bit of a glare. 
There you have it, a perfect pattern! 
Tape pattern to a window 
and lay white or light colored poster board 
over pattern to trace!

Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment!


No comments:

Post a Comment