Followers

Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Drift Wood!

Hello and Welcome!

Memory Verse Prop!

To go along with our 
"Shipwrecked - Rescued by Jesus" 
theme for Vacation Bible School, 
I needed a way to have a portable memory verse for each day  
so it could be the center of attention when discussed 
but then set aside and still be in plain view. 

I was asked to make something resembling drift wood.  

The only thing I could think of was cardboard. 

I had some nice pieces that had been stored just for such a thing
and was able to put them to good use. 

Water based paint, water, brushes, cardboard, pencil, 
scissors, glue and I was good to go!


I began with brown then covered the brown with white
 then brown again, and lastly adding some black, 
making sure the layers of color shown through. 


I printed the Bible verses onto white paper 
and cut close to the letters and numbers 
then glued them onto the boards.
Also found a life ring on line and added the words
 - Bible Verse and day 1 - 4. 
That way the instructor knew 
which verse was for which day. 









Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment!



No comments:

Post a Comment