Followers

Sunday, April 12, 2015

The Crown

Hello and Welcome! 

"Ouch!"

This past week I sat on the floor in my Bible classroom and fashioned a crown of thorns from pliable trimmings from a bush that had long thorns on them.

As I sat there trying my best NOT to get poked, suddenly I was awakened when one of the thorns caught me good in my thumb! It bled. Better be more careful.

Of course, I had been thinking about Jesus and the crown of thorns, but the pain He endured, the blood He shed. It came into my mind how the soldiers mocked Jesus. I wondered if they got poked when they twisted the thorns together. It would serve them right. I pictured them laughing, thinking they were are all so smart and superior. I pictured my Lord Jesus standing there opening not His mouth to speak.

They did not believe He was the Son of God. They "placed" the crown on His head. I pictured the thorns poking into His flesh. How could they? The pain He endured. The blood He shed. For me. For me.

He was not deserving of any of it for He did nothing wrong. He had no sin.
But for us? We all have sinned.

We now have a chance. A chance to be brought back to God through Christ.
To obey the gospel/good news of His death, burial, and resurrection.

Having our sins washed away by being buried into His death by baptism.

To be justified (just as if I never sinned) by His blood, saved by His grace (God's righteousness at Christ's expense/loving-kindness).

To be raised to live a new life unto Him!

To honor our Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ, walking in the light, repenting of and confessing our sin for the rest of our lives. Looking forward to actually seeing Him, to live with Him. To receive a crown of life!

https://www.biblegateway.com/passage/?search=John+19%3A1-21&version=NASB


Thanks for stopping by and feel free to leave a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment